Wednesday, September 24, 2008

INDEPENDENT

Today Shelby is three months shy of her Two year Birthday. She is so much more independent, and really doesn’t need my help for a lot of things… She knows where all the food is, even the cereal boxes in the upper cabinets and there are so many step ladders/chairs around this place it’s a piece of cake. Anytime she needs to wash her hands, bathe a doll, or soak a washrag for a thirst quencher there’s a pool of water (never completely drained) right at her level. The clothes are in the drawers folded, easy to find. The magazines, for reading, come out of the basket with just a tip. Dishes can be cleaned with dish soap and that in itself makes dishes worth doin’. There is always a clean toothbrush handy for heavy scrubbing, tight corners, and even the teeth. She’s so good at multitasking and can get things done quick!
In the midst of all the Independence, my little munchkin still let’s me know that she needs me. She lets me comfort her when she’s hurt, snuggle with her (when she’s really tired) and always gives me good kisses. She makes my heart melt and that makes everything worth it.


7 comments:

Jenn said...

She is so cute at what she does to!!! We need to get together and play. Koley is tired of just mommy!

The reviewers said...

Oh, this is so cute! She is getting so BIG, and Independent at that :)

I really am so excited you are a blogger now!

Love you... now help me get my posts back! :(

Heitmann Family said...

Yeah for blogging. Your little one is sooo adorable. Keep the posts coming and you can check out our family at www.heitmannfamily.blogspot.com.

your cousin-
Aimee

mwalker said...

Hey Brooklyn! Your daughter has the cutest chubby cheeks I've ever seen on a baby (sorry Hannah.) I want to squeeeeeze!
So glad you started a blog. Come by and visit when you have time.
ronnymollyholliandrileywalker.blogspot.com

Josh and Amber Wilkins said...

Hey Brook, So glad your a bloger now!!! Yea for blogs!!! Shelby is so cute! Love the pic with her in the sink, classic!

Erin Lily said...

YAY! I'm so happy your here! Shelby is such a little dolly..beautiful like her Momma. :)
Love your blog title!
xoxo Erin

Dawn said...

I love the sink shot! I think every kid needs to have a picture like that!